- Remove your turkey from the fridge and leave it to stand at room temperature for 2 hours before cooking.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C (fan assisted), 200°C (conventional) or Gas Mark 4.
- Rub butter all over your turkey. Place a peeled onion, a bouquet of herbs, and half a lemon in the cavity. Season it with salt and pepper.
- Place your turkey breast down on a rack in a roasting tin. Cover with foil and place in oven for the recommended time.
- One hour before the recommended time, remove the foil and turn the bird over so the breast is facing up. Season with salt and pepper.
- Once the recommended cooking time is reached, insert a skewer into the thickest part of the thigh - if the juices are
pink, return to the oven and repeat the procedure at 10 minute intervals.
- Once cooked, cover with foil and be sure
to allow your turkey to rest for 30 to 60 minutes before carving. This really does help to improve the succulence of the meat.
Turkey Weight/Cooking Time (guide only):
4kg - 2.25 hrs
5kg - 2.5 hrs
6kg - 2.75 hrs
7kg - 3 hrs
8kg - 3.25hrs
9kg - 3.5 hrs
If in doubt, please ask our butchery team, we are here to help!