- 300g/10½oz fresh blackcurrants
- 300g/10½oz granulated or caster sugar
- 1 small lemon, juice only
- Pick all the stalks from the blackcurrants, place the fruit in a saucepan, cover with 250ml/9fl oz water and bring to the boil. Simmer for 20 minutes, or until the skins of the currants are very tender and the liquid has almost evaporated.
- Add the sugar and lemon juice, bring to the boil then cook until the mixture reaches 105C/220F on a sugar thermometer.
- Leave to cool for a few minutes then pour into hot, clean jars and seal immediately.