Bill Granger’s spelt, walnut & goat’s cheese salad
1. For the dressing: Mix the mustard and vinegar together in a small bowl. Add the honey and stir well. Gradually add the olive oil, stirring vigorously until emulsified. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
2. For the salad: Toast the walnuts lightly in a frying pan over a low heat, turning often. Put the spelt in a bowl and stir in half the dressing. Add the onion and parsley and season with ground black pepper. Divide between four plates and top with the goats’ cheese and beetroot.
3. Drizzle with a little more dressing and scatter the warm walnuts over. Serve.
For the dressing:
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp clear honey
- 4 tbsp olive oil
For the salad
- 100 g walnut halves, roughly broken
- 250 g ready cooked spelt cooled
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- large bunch flat-leaf parsley leaves very roughly chopped
- 200 g soft goat’s cheese cut into small pieces
- 3-4 medium cooked beetroot, not in vinegar, quartered