Farm Shop Manager
A vacancy for Shop Manager has arisen within the Hawarden Estate Farm Shop. We are looking for a real ‘foodie’ who is exceptionally motivated and thrives on challenges. This initial 12 month fixed term role is for Maternity Cover and commences early July 2017. The position is also responsible for the Farm Shop Cafe based at Broughton Park. Your primary role will be to lead, enthuse and motivate your team to develop the existing business and also promote and develop new ideas.
The position is also responsible for the Farm Shop Cafe based at Broughton Park.
You role will also involve:
- Managing the day to day operation of the Hawarden Estate Farm Shop and General Store and Café at Broughton Park
- Food stock management, replenishing and ordering
- Ensure the customer experience is second to none and is consistently achieved
- Working to financial budgets and shop targets as required
- Collating all weekly and monthly finance reports for head office
- Possess excellent time management and experience of working to guidelines
- Work to all HR, Food Safety, Health & Safety, Environmental and Fire guidelines in line with company HR and compliance management guidelines
- All aspects of cash handling
We are seeking someone who has proven experience, you will need to demonstrate leadership skills, have experience of managing a large team, setting targets and direction as well as motivating others. You will be hands on, a coach and require excellent communication skills. You need to have a strong background of managing rotas, budgets and cost controls.
The ideal characteristics of the applicant
- Passion for local and excellent quality food, food retail and customer services
- Experience within food or general retail management
- A team player and people person
- Excellent staff management and communication skills
- Have a sound grasp of financial systems
- An eye for detail, particularly in merchandising
To apply please send a cover letter and current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for this job application is Sunday 4th June 2017
Chef De Partie
We are currently looking for two experienced chef de parties to join the company brigade working at the Farm Shop, The Glynne Arms and The Good Life Experience. The contract is full time on a permanent basis with salaries negotiable depending on experience. Interested candidates please email your cv to email@example.com.
We are always on the lookout for exceptional people that like what we do and from time to time we have vacancies across all of our businesses, including; The Hawarden Estate Farm Shop, The Glynne Arms, The Good Life Experience Festival Team and at our new Café + General Store at Broughton Park. We are particularly keen to find good people with skills in food preparation; cooks, chefs and grill chefs, as well as front of house staff, butchers and retailers, apprenticeships, in fact. We offer a wonderful working environment, competitive salaries and the chance to be part of a professional and highly motivated team with genuine career prospects.
Please email your cv with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org